By Christo Hunter
Smoothies are undeniably the best beverage, have the unique capability of being as simple or complex as you want. I’m a firm believer that smoothies are the perfect way to get a healthy amount of nutrients in a delicious and easy way. There’s no way you won’t create or find a flavor combination that you enjoy. There’s no wrong way to make a smoothie, but looking up recipes can be helpful on your smoothie journeys.
My favorite smoothie is one with strawberries and bananas in it. They’re two fruits you can find just about anywhere. I only use five ingredients for the smoothie, and it only takes five minutes to make!
- ½ cup frozen strawberries (or fresh)
- 1 whole frozen banana (or fresh)
- If using fresh fruits, ice is needed
- Milk, any kind will do just fine
- ½ Greek yogurt
- Honey or maple syrup, sweeten to your taste.
- Combine all ingredients in the blender except the maple syrup or honey.
- Blend until smooth.
- Now add honey or maple syrup, sweeten to taste.
Note: there isn’t a specific order to add the ingredients, but I like to add all the liquids, then the fruits, and finally the greek yogurt before blending.