Gigi Hadid’s Instagram highlights are full of fun and easy recipes that are so tasty. Not only is she a talented and beautiful person, but an amazing cook! Her vodka pasta recipe can be found all over tiktok, and it is my personal favorite of the recipes she has posted. This dish took me less than thirty minutes to make, and it tasted amazing. The only thing is that her portions were a little too big. She posted the portion size for two, but I think that it is plenty for a four person meal. I paired the pasta with some steamed broccoli and topped it with fresh basil and parmesan cheese. I hope you enjoy it!
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Small clove of garlic
- ¼ of a shallot
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon vodka
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or more if desired)
- ½ pound of pasta
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- Chopped basil to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat ¼ cup olive oil. Add diced clove of garlic and ¼ of a shallot and cook until soft
- Add ¼ cup tomato paste. Cook until darker and a bit caramelized.
- Add 1 tablespoon vodka and cook until almost evaporated
- Add ½ cup heavy cream and 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes. Keep stirring until combined then season with salt and pepper. Remove sauce from heat.
- Cook a half pound of pasta and drain, saving 1/4 cup of pasta water.
- Add pasta, ¼ cup pasta water, and 1 tablespoon of butter to the sauce.
- Stir over medium heat until butter has melted and the sauce thickens.
- Add ¼ cup parmesan cheese and stir, add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve topped with parmesan cheese and chopped basil and enjoy! 🙂