By Madeleine Stiffler
A super easy vegetarian recipe that contains ingredients you probably already have lurking in your pantry. This recipe is quick, easy, and most importantly, delicious! Perfect for colder days and super nutritious, this meal will hopefully become a staple dinner for you.
- 1 can of chickpeas/garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil or butter (your choice)
- 4 cloves of garlic thinly sliced
- 2 cups of finely chopped swiss chard, kale, or spinach (or any other leafy green you prefer!)
- 1 28-32 oz jar of marinara sauce
- 2 teaspoons of smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- In a large skillet or pan, heat four tablespoons of olive oil or butter over medium heat. Add the drained chickpeas/garbanzo beans and cook until they become slightly darker in color, or until the butter begins to brown slightly.
- Add the garlic, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper and stir until fragrant (about two minutes).
- Pour in the jarred marinara sauce and simmer until the sauce begins to thicken (about ten minutes). Add the greens and stir until they are just wilted.
- Serve warm with your favorite toasted bread on the side or with crispy potatoes. If you are feeling snazzy, also top with your favorite cheese like Parmesan or Mozzarella!