By Claire DaQuino
Unfortunately, Halloween may not seem as exciting this year; we can’t go out, but do not fret! We can still celebrate inside by decorating our houses with candles, carving pumpkins, making fall foods, and of course, watching Halloween movies! I’ve ranked my favorite, and least favorite Halloween films, so you can have the best movie marathon possible.
- Spooky Buddies: My childhood in a movie. You can never go wrong with puppies in Halloween costumes. 10/10
- Halloweentown: Nostalgic. A classic. Best of all, if one Halloweentown movie isn’t enough, there is a Halloweentown 2 and 3! 10/10
- Hocus Pocus: Never fails to provide a good laugh. It’s definitely cheesy, but what Halloween movie isn’t? 8/10
- The Nightmare Before Christmas: Despite the terrific storyline, I don’t love this movie, as I find the claymation a little unsettling. The idea of a stop motion movie is impressive, but I simply can’t get behind the clay visuals. 5/10
- Coraline: I would not recommend Coraline to anyone, as I had nightmares for years after watching this movie in 3rd grade. I have not watched it since and do not plan to. 2/10
Now, make some candy corn popcorn, turn on a good movie, and enjoy your Halloween!