By Olivia Pocat
Even though every day life has changed and typical Halloween traditions are put on pause, there are still plenty of fun activities to do this Halloween! As long as you can have fun with your friends and family, Halloween is still one of the best holidays of the year. There are plenty of activities you can still do with a small group of friends and family.
- Watch a movie! Some amazing Halloween movies include, The Addams Family, The House With A Clock In Its Walls, Goosebumps, Toy Story of Terror, Hotel Transylvania, Coraline, Casper, Hocus Pocus, The Witches, Beetlejuice, Ghostbusters, E.T. the Extra Terrestrial, It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, and many more.
- Taste test candy! Go to the store (wearing a mask of course) and randomly pick out 3 assorted mix bags of Halloween candy. With one or two friends, blindly pick candy from the bags and try to guess which one you have chosen. Maybe you’ll find a new favorite!
- Carve pumpkins! Pumpkin carving is an activity for all ages. You can carve a pumpkin with a pretty or scary design, and put it out for all to see.
- Make a Halloween playlist! Music is a great way to get into the Halloween mood, especially with songs such as “Monster Mash,” “Halloween Halloween,” “Somebody’s Watching Me,” “Thriller,” “Spooky Scary Skeletons,” and more.
- Make Halloween dinner! Eyeball pasta, pumpkin soup, and deviled eggs are all great options for a spooky Halloween dinner. Check out these awesome halloween recipes.
- Costume contest! Have a contest with your friends and family to see who can make the best costume out of items and scraps you can find in your house.
- Decorate your house! When you go to the store for candy, make sure to also buy some fun Halloween decorations you can use to decorate your home and get into the spooky Halloween spirit.