By Sydney York
As a vegan, it is quite hard to find many recipes or meals to fit our dietary restrictions. Although this is a lasting struggle, I’ve found that quarantine has given me enough time to find many new recipes and meal/snack ideas. Today, I’d like to share one of my favorite vegan snack bars for any vegans who are looking to find a good snack, or anyone in general. It is 100% vegan, super easy to make, and healthy.
- 15 Medjool dates (9 ounces)
- 1 cup raw pecan halves
- 1/2 cup gluten free oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 200F
2. Remove the pits from the dates, then place the dates into the food processor. Pulse until they are chopped and a rough texture forms.
3. Add the remaining ingredients, and process for a minute until a crumbly dough forms.
4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and pour the dough in the center. Roll out the dough with a rolling pin.
5. Roll the dough into a rectangle that is 6”x 10.5”. Cut the dough into 14 bars, which are 1.5”x3”. (This step is optional. These are just the recommended sizes).
6. Bake the bars for 30 minutes.
7. Cool the bars to room temperature, and enjoy!
For storing, I recommend you keep the bars in a sealed container and place them in the fridge. If you don’t want them stuck together, you should place wax paper in between them.