By Olivia Pocat
Even though we are currently in a pandemic, travel to nearby destinations remains allowed in California. There are no state regulations for travel, but safety stays of utmost importance (remember your face masks). Many places in California offer a secluded and relaxing environment, which provides the perfect getaway from home.
Camping and lodges provide a great experience, tucked away in nature with great spaces to explore. Many state parks are open for overnight camping and boast great experiences and exposure to Mother Earth:
- Half Moon Bay State Beach: only a mere 45 minute drive away from Westmont, this campground offers beautiful views of the beach and amazing hikes.
- Bodega Bay: three hours away, this city has many campgrounds, lodges, and hotels to stay in. It offers many beaches and a beautiful town to visit. There are nice, beautiful hikes and long, flowing rivers to swim in.
- Lake Tahoe: only four hours away, this is a popular destination with cabins, campgrounds, and lodging. Lake Tahoe boasts a beautiful lake and forests, making it the perfect getaway.
- Monterey: only 1.5 hours from Westmont, Monterey is filled with plenty of attractions, including lodging and campgrounds for a nice getaway. This city neighbors Carmel-by-the-sea, with even more activities and places to explore.
Camping might not be an activity for everyone, but luckily, many cities have started to open up, providing great places to visit. Hotels are now open, implementing strict safety measures that keep you safe and having a good time!
- San Francisco: “the city” is an amazing destination for a weekend away. From exploring the beaches to taking a stroll through the park or the golden gate bridge, SF always provides a super fun experience.
- Santa Cruz/Capitola: popular beachside towns, Santa Cruz and Capitola have nice, pretty beaches, and visiting the boardwalk is always fun.
- Los Angeles: if you’re looking to go to a farther destination on vacation, LA has plenty of fun things to do and explore, including beaches and Hollywood.
Many places in California prove to be amazing destination spots, and if safety precautions are taken, provide a fun way to get out of the house to relax and explore.